- 10 ways I will try to lose weight.
- 10 books to read.
- 10 things to clean in my house.
A few months ago I found some old journals – where I keep these lists. Funny, how the same items seem to move forward from year to year – play with the kids more, complain less, lose weight; get out of debt! While I may continue to fall short in so many ways; I will continue to make these lists because goals are good! These are a wonderful yearly examination of my life – where I am and where I hope to go.
“Brothers and sisters,
I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal
to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
What will I push the Autumn Reset Button on…
“Behold, I make all things new.”
Then he said, “Write these words down,
for they are trustworthy and true.”
- Weight Watchers journey – anyone who has ever had to battle their weight knows the ups and downs; and not just on the scale. Food needs to be just food. Since I did not learn to misuse it over night; it will take me time to view it in a healthy manner. The victories are still unfolding.
- Spiritual journey – this might come as a shock but praying and focusing on the voice of the Holy Spirit in my life does not come easy for me. A chatterbox by nature – even in my own head; I need to fight for time to be quiet. This will require taking a critical eye to my daily agenda to assure I carve out time for appointments with Jesus – and more importantly that I KEEP THEM. Bl. James Alberione (founder of the Pauline family) taught his young seminarians this invaluable lesson about God – when YOU GIVE him the first fruits of your time; he will multiple it back to you!
- Professional journey – here is where setting goals is crucial for me. Ideas I have, lots of them actually, but follow through has always been my nemesis. Fear and doubt crowd out my enthusiasm; those voices – close relations to the ones speaking smack about food – often talk me out of attempting to bring fruition the many projects circulating in my heart. As the Casting Crowns remind me, “I will choose to listen to and believe the Voice of Truth” … reset and ready.
“And blessed is she who believed
that there would be a fulfillment of what
had been spoken to her by the Lord.”