Can One Ever Have Too Much Grace
Every subject, problem, or prayer brings me back to this same place. The amazing grace of God.
I’ll never forget the first time I contemplated the meaning of this word – grace. I was standing before 25 or so women. It was my very first time leading a group in faith sharing/bible study. The PANIC I felt in my heart when I realized I HAD absolutely NO words to express what grace meant to me. Stumped, I threw the question back to the crowd – like I planned it all along to have. The wonderful teaching technique Jesus perfected – returning questions with a question. Let me look like I meant for them discover the meaning of grace through discussion; but really was just deflecting.
Grace and Wisdom
What is Grace
- It is UNMERITED. I can do NOTHING to earn it.
- It is FREELY given. It is GIFT! The surprise squirrel in the mail – kind of gift!
- It is a part of God – his HOLY SPIRIT – now living in me!
- If I SEEK it – then I will FIND it;
- It can be FOUND in abundance with time spent participating in the Grace Trifecta of Prayer, Sacrament & Scripture;
- There is an ABUNDANCE all waiting for the asking; and I do not wish to leave any grace unused.
Yet grace … abounds. Gratefully, God is beyond our formulas. I imagine He is more than happy to shower me in grace, even when I am having one of those days when I can utter only a barely audible:
“Abba, Father, I could use a little help down here.“
- Make sure you’re submitting only (1) Blog Post to #WorthRevisit
- Appreciated by not Required – Please include a link back to: www.theologyisaverb.com and www.reconciledtoyou.com/blog.
- Participation Courtesy: Please comment and share at least 1 other post.