Special Graces for the Holy Souls
- A plenary indulgence, applicable only to the souls in Purgatory, may be gained on the 2nd by making a pious visit to a church to pray a Our Father and the Apostles Creed
- A plenary indulgence, applicable only to the Souls in Purgatory, may also be gained from November 1 to November 8 by visiting cemeteries and praying The Requiem (aka the Eternal Rest Grant Unto Thee, Lord) prayer for the souls of the departed. (fisheaters.com)
Images from the cemetery for the Congregation of Holy Cross
on the campus of Stonehill College in North Easton, MA
Overcoming Fear for a Good Cause
The Holy Souls in Purgatory are my good friends.” The Holy Souls in Purgatory. Out of charity, out of justice, and out of excusable selfishness — they have such power with God! — remember them often in your sacrifices and in your prayers. May you be able to say when you speak of them, “My good friends the souls in purgatory.” The Way, 571 (JosemariaEscriva.info).
How To Pray for Souls
The prayer taught to me, which is actually a set of prayers, is the one presented in The Pieta Prayer Book and is truly one of my absolute favorites.
While at the cemetery (**personally, I like to walk up and down the rows, looking prayerfully at each name) we are to pray:
- Recite the Apostle’s Creed 5 times
- 1 Hail, Holy Queen
- 1 each of the Our Father (Lord’s Prayer), Hail Mary and Glory be; and
- Conclude with the Requiem: Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them, and may they rest in peace. Amen.
“We must say many prayers for the souls of the faithful departed, for one must be so pure to enter heaven.”
~ St. Jean Marie Vianney
HAPPY All SAINTS AND ALL SOULS DAY
CELEBRATE WELL MY FRIENDS!
YOU’LL BE ETERNAL GRATEFUL FOR THE GRACES!!
- Make sure you’re submitting only (1) Blog Post to #WorthRevisit
- Appreciated by not Required – Please include a link back to: www.theologyisaverb.com and www.reconciledtoyou.com/blog.
- Participation Courtesy: Please comment and share at least 1 other post.