Abundant Grace for Living Holy
Lent is such an amazing time – it truly is a time of special and abundant grace. When I prayed about what I should focus on this Lent a few years ago – FORGIVENESS – kept emerging. At first, it made very little sense to me, as I feel I’m pretty solid with this subject. I mean, come on, I give retreats on forgiveness for heavens sake! I bare my soul over and over, sharing how I have needed to forgive and howI have needed to be forgiven. In addition I believe in God’s mercy and love, and fully accept and cherish His gift of forgiveness.
40 Days of Learning to Forgive
Forgiveness needs to extended because Christ first offered it to us. I especially love how it is given so beautifully in Reconciliation (big, big fan!). So what more could there be? God gave me two CLEAR answers.
- It is a lifetime process.
- Forgiveness is something to be lived out every single day of our lives.
- It isn’t always about you! That I get that particular message a LOT actually!
- Forgiveness is an Act of the Will it is NOT a feeling!
A few years ago I spent my Lent digging deeper intothe Catholic ideas and ideals of forgiveness. I shared my personal experiences (some painful, some hysterical), many of the profound, and always right to the heart. In addition, I provided Scripture verses that have truly transformed my journey of forgiving, that I prayed would help others as well.
Lastly, I pondered the peace inducing insights and inspirations of my favorite book on forgiveness:
2018 Lenten Forgiveness Retreat
Share a previously posted blog: simply ADD YOUR LINK.
Use hashtag #WorthRevisit
To Participate Please:
- Make sure you’re submitting only (1) Blog Post to #WorthRevisit
- Appreciated by not Required – Please include a link back to: www.theologyisaverb.com and www.reconciledtoyou.com/blog.
- Participation Courtesy: Please comment and share at least 1 other post.